11707 no longer being sold to civis ?!

ccwinmemphis

Ishmael, the converted USC is mine. For more information on the costs involved you can visit this thread on HkPro.com:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54793

Expect about $1500 not including the cost of the USC. If you come out cheaper then be happy. Tactical Excellence is the way to go too. They did mine and Lord is it a gorgeous piece of work.

On the subject of the LLC, KINNY is exactly right when he says you bypass both fingerprints and the CLEO signature. That is why it is such a hassle saver. Go for the LLC Kinny! :)

On the subject of the company owning the firearm and not the individual, I personally consider this a benefit. I can add or remove anybody to my company officer list at any time. Also, if the worst happens and I get in a major accident and get sued for every dime I'm worth, they can't touch the SBR's because an LLC owns them, not me. One that engages in no direct to consumer business and has no income. This way these things are in a lockbox and with no income, and income tax forms never have to be filed. Want to pass them on to your kid? Put him or her as an officer of the company. Works slick. Helps with avoiding probate when you kick the bucket too by ensuring continuity.

Lastly, in MO you can file the LLC to be indefinite, so it is around as long as I want it to be. Never expires unlike me. To transfer to heirs just put them in the LLC for a $25 articles of incorporation amendment fee to the state instead of a $200 transfer tax to the Feds.

WINTWU, I'm not a lawyer and don't have much knowledge of Kalifornia except for the fact that due to restrictive gun laws I will never live there. Certain states limit or prohibit the acquisition and possession of NFA firearms. You'll have to talk with someone who is from CA and is a firearms law lawyer or Class 3 dealer for more information. There is an old joke with a picture attached that goes.... "The solution to Kalifornia anti gun laws." - and below it is a picture of a family packed up in a UHAUL truck driving down the highway moving to another state. Hilarious.

To get back on track with the "is the 11707 going to be sold to civilians anymore?", I think everything is speculation and until you see some press release or official info of it being discontinued on the HK site, I would consider it a rumor only. Rumors are running amok for people looking at buying an HK416, with some representatives saying "we'll have a truckload at your door tomorrow free of charge for being such a great customer" to reps saying "This weapon will never again be sold anywhere on the planet and everyone who has ever asked us a question about it via email is going to be arrested and thrown in prison by the ATF." This is an exaggeration but I've heard WILDLY divergent stories on the same day from three different people in the same department!

Seriously, the stuff that comes out of reps mouths is not to be trusted. Unless I see an official company letterhead note or a press release regarding intent, I take everything any customer service representative tells me as a heart tale of beardy proportions meant to make that rep feel important for "being in the know."

I'm an engineer for a big company, and just because I tell my contacts at Aviation Week that my company is going to sell 100 F-22s to Iran and provide them with free pilot training means absolutely nothing. Press releases stamped APPROVED FOR RELEASE by the CEO at the top do.

Don't believe everything you hear, but have a plan to buy everything you need. Now. Heh heh.

Shane Bernskoetter

Author of:

Surviving Twilight: A Soldier's Chronicle of Daily Life in Iraq

http://www.survivingtwilight.com