seating choke tubes

Bob W

I have 3 barrels for my sbe, when I tighten tubes on two of these barrels it is easily felt when they are seated by a firm bottoming out feeling

On the third barrel I donot get that bottoming out feeling but a increasing resistance and I have been reluctant to keep tightening to get that "tight feeling" The tube appears to be fully inserted and it feels the same when I switch tubes between barrel?

Has anyone had the same

I'm not sure I fully grasp what you're saying is going on, but make sure the threads are cleaned and lubed.

Most Benelli dealers sell the choke tube wrenches with the thread cleaners on them.

A good investment.

I'll check mine when I get home and see if there's a brand name on it.

I have two different choke wrenches, one with the thread chaser which I have used on the barrel

What I am saying when I torque the tubes in two of my barrels I get a solid "tight feeling" meaning its solidily tight

The third barrel I get a feeling of tight resistance but no solidily tight feeling and the tube is inserted as far as it does on my other barrels. Each time I torque it further in the hope of having it fully seated I never get that felling

I have two different choke wrenches, one with the thread chaser which I have used on the barrel

What I am saying when I torque the tubes in two of my barrels I get a solid "tight feeling" meaning its solidily tight

The third barrel I get a feeling of tight resistance but no solidily tight feeling and the tube is inserted as far as it does on my other barrels. Each time I torque it further in the hope of having it fully seated I never get that felling

That does not sound good but i am not a smith and strongly advise ya talking to one before shooting anything thru that barrel. hard to say whats going on with out looking at it and a good smith would be where i would start. They will have correct tools and equipment to see if threads in barrel are damadged or not. Is it aftermarket choke that will not thread and get tight? All chokes should tighten and bottom out and what you are explaining is most definetly a accident waiting to happen !! good luck! where did the barrel that will not tighten come from?