SBE left handed shim kit

STA

I'm trying to help a buddy who picked up a used left-handed Super Black Eagle. He's a righty, but left eye dominate so he does all his shotgun from the port side.

He's having trouble with alignment and since his SBE didn't come with any shims, he's been searching for the lefty kit. He's tried direct to Benelli, Mann&Sons, and Numrich, but no one has got them.

I said I'd post a request here on his behalf in case any members know of any sources or perhaps a local shop that has the lefty shim kit.

Many thanks for any leads !

STA

Thanks for the info. I see in that thread, the SBE II uses an additional cast plate.

For my buddy's older SBE, they only show a steel stock locking plate and the plastic drop shim in the manual.

Our confusion is highlighted by the statement on pg 66,

"Coupling instruction: the drop change kits are identified by letters. A-S B-S C-S letters refer to the stock locking plates for the left-hand shotgun to be used only with left-hand (cast-on) stocks."

Additionally, Numrich lists separate part numbers for "-S" versions of the three lock plates, so this would seem to confirm there is a right vs. left hand setup for the SBE. In his calls to Benelli CS and Mann & Sons, they didn't seem to dispute his search for the LH kit.

p.s. I just checked Numrich again. Previously some of the parts were out of stock, but now it looks now like the A-S, B-S, C-S plates and the A, B, C shims are all in stock. If we can confirm the older SBE did use this separate setup for the LH drop kits, then I will let him know to just order all the individual parts separately to make his own LH 'kit'.

I don't recall the SBE I having a cast shim for LH and/or RH cast issues like the SBE II/M2 comes with. None of mine did, and I bought 5-6 of them before I started buying SBE II's. I think it started with the SBE II/M2 series.

I'll check my old SBE I manuals when I get back from bird watching to see if my recollection is correct....

I don't recall the SBE I having a cast shim for LH and/or RH cast issues like the SBE II/M2 comes with. None of mine did, and I bought 5-6 of them before I started buying SBE II's. I think it started with the SBE II/M2 series.

I'll check my old SBE I manuals when I get back from bird watching to see if my recollection is correct....

SBE online Catalog thinks so also! FIG 52 & 53:) CS ?

Brownells shows both a drop change shim and drop lock plate designated LH and RH.

They probably shipped them with each gun respectively, but not as complete kits the way the SBEII's are done.

The cast is going to either come from the lock plate being drilled off-center or the drop shim being thicker on one side than the other.

Matt, if you could check that when you get home and post back, perhaps our friend could only purchase the exact part(s) needed to change the cast.