Need advice for Slug gun

LAME

I want to put a scope on my rifled Slug Gun for deer and I'm looking for advice on Brands and magnificant. I don't want the cheapest thing around or a high dollar one either.

I also would like to get suggestions on the best slugs to use.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I want to put a scope on my rifled Slug Gun for deer and I'm looking for advice on Brands and magnificant. I don't want the cheapest thing around or a high dollar one either.

I also would like to get suggestions on the best slugs to use.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No problem.

I will say that you will likely not benefit much from someone else's time and experience, but you probably will eventually figure that out on your own.

Bases are a snap - the SBE II takes the Weaver 93 base.

Pick any strong Weaver type rings. You can get QR Weaver rings and still be able to use the open sights. I killed a moving buck at 120 yards with the open sights, so it might be nice to be able to use them.

Lots of good scopes for this set-up:

Nikon Slug Hunter BDC200 (ballistic reticle) 3-9x40 - around $275 +-

Nikon Prostaff Shotgun Hunter 2-7x32 - around $180 +-

I know lots of guys that just use normal rifle scopes and they just learn where their gun shoots.

All my Benelli slug guns seem to prefer Winchester Platinum Tips.

Good luck!

on my SBE II i put a burris 3x9 rifle scope on it. then i use the rem. buckhammer slugs with that combo off the rest i'll get a 2" group at 100 yards. however off hand or out of my stand i had alot of muzzle jump trouble as in a post i made earlier in the week. i do plan on haveing my barrel angleported along with trying out a few other brands of slugs.