New SBE II - Question on Break In and Oil

Devlin

I just picked up a new SBE II and am heading to the local trap range to break it in this weekend. This is the first Benelli I have ever owned and have some questions that I haven't been able to find answers for by searching.

What type of ammo is recommened for the break in given I'm going to be doing this on a trap range what are my options that would be heavy enough to break the gun in properly.

I have a small bottle of oil that came with the gun which is great to start. Should I stick with the Benelli stuff or can I use Hoppe's #9 in the Benelli?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Thanks Tucker301 for the quick reply and the advice...I can't wait to try this gun out.

I'll have to see what is allowed at the trap club and whether I can use field loads or not. I don't see why they wouldn't let me but that's the trouble being in Canada some of the gun clubs are pretty restrictive on what they will allow on their ranges....

If they won't allow it...I'll have to find a spot to run some field loads through it.