Munden

gregor187

Ordered a Rhino 2 inch extended .673 hevi shot choke today. But after looking back into the older post looks like everyone is shooting the.660. Nitro website and the Rhino folks strongly suggested this one for the SBE. Have you tested the .673 hevi shot choke and did I order the right one in your opinion?

Thanks, Gregor

I have a older SBE and may not shoot the Nitro loads but may or may not shoot extended range stuff. Really want an option of regular Hi Vel loads or the extended range loads. But wanted to get the best comparision possible. I kind of let the Nitro and Rhino folks talk me into the .673. But wanted to have the Hi Vel. option.

I thought I read where you have tried the Hevi,s and Nitro hevis in the .660 Rhino in older post.

Anyway wondered if you had an opinon on which one I needed .673 or .660

Thanks for looking at post.......Gregor

I think I found your anwser from another post..

post_old.gif 03-06-2006, 06:41 PM

mudhen user_offline.gif

Best choke I found for older Benellis (M1 & SBE I) was a Kick's .660 + any fast lead #5's or #6's. Never tested Win XR's, but they should work fine in any .660 choke.

HS will need to be shot from a more open choke. You cannot judge HS from a tight choke, nor lead from an open choke.

mudhen - CA

I have tried both in my SBE. The .660 patterned Win HV & XR much better. Some lady at Rhino told me to get the .673. I did and it shot about a foot to the right and didn't pattern as good as my Kicks .655. When I called to send it back Joe told me I should have ordered the .660 in the first place.