M4 Piece O' Junk

Vondutch

Surefire sent me a demo and I have it on my entry M4 and it is a great rail system. Fits tight, no play in the stock and it looks very good on the shorty shotgun. I haven't fired the gun yet with the surefire rail on it, but I am sure it will be just fine. Very nice product.

By reading some of the responding post, apparently some of you guys seem to think that by purchasing the proclaimed 'best combat shotgun every made' I should overlook the fact the that it simply does not do what it is supposed to do - namely fire rounds in semi-automatic fashion. Sure it looks cool, but I did not pay for cool (well, I kinda did). As I would expect a new Ford F250 to start up and run when I wanted it too, I would expect this shotgun to perform it's function. I have had numerous shotguns, rifles, and pistols (yes, including Mossbergs) and I realize that certain firearms just like some ammo better than others. That is why I experimented with about 12 differing types and brands of slugs and shot. But I have never had this type of problem. Thanks to the guys that provided constructive feedback - I will be certainly giving Benelli a ring this next week.

I don't own an M4 yet but your post sounds foolish. You did not state what ammo you were using. You did say 12 different brands but what were they. I am quessing reduced recoil ammo which does not run well in semi autos. Can't blame the gun for not running with ammo it was not designed for.

pat

I had jams and fail to fires for my first 200 or so rounds. I had heard this would happen, so I burned through that period without giving it much though.

I have since then fired 5000+ rounds without replacing a single part, cleaning rarely, without a single jam, fail to eject, or misfire.

Get your gun checked out.