SBII Cleaning

NJgunner

I recently purchased a SBII and I am very impressed with it, I put probably 150 rounds though it without any problems. The manual however isnt the greatest in my opinion. It shows you assembly/disassembly but not where cleaning or lubrication is required. For the barrell I use a boresnake with nitro solvent in the front and some CLP in the back. I wear nitrile gloves when cleaning all my guns and use CLP or Militec-1 on them also. I whiped the inside down completely with CLP and took the entire bolt and assembly apart, I like using gloves because you can almost just massage the parts with a light coat of clp already on your gloves. The only parts I would say I oiled more are the rotating bolt head and sides of the bolt that fit into grooves (i know its hard to describe without pics). Comments? Suggestion? Thanks for your time...

You're on the right track.

As common sense dictates, a little lube on friction, contact, and pivoting parts is the order.

A light film lubes and protects from corrosion.

Anything heavier attracts and collects dirt and grime, leading to undue wear and friction.

I put together a SBE cleaning guide which some have found to be helpful.

It's in PDF format.

Right click here and choose "Save Target As" to save a copy to your computer.