Slug Barrel issue

BrthrB

Wondering if anyone has had the same problem? I have a rifled ER Shaw for my M1. I cannot get enough elevation with the exsisting sights...slugs are patterning 8" low at 50 yards. Does anyone know of replacement sights that can resolve this problem?

I've fought the same problem with my turkey guns,trying to get the patterns to lift from the beard to the neck.The only way I was able to acomplish the desired result was to find sights that were closer to the barrel.I know it dosen't help you much in this instance,but when looking at sights,sometimes you have to use a combination of brands.Check out Dura-sight's fiber optics as well as Truglo,and Williams.A local gunsmith in your area may have some used ones in their parts bins that you could experiment with. Good luck,Bro B

Thanks for the help! Doesn't appear to be a way to shim the rear sight...when I removed the screw in the base, it appears that the ramp is also brazed or soldered to the barrel. I've been trying to find replacement sight blades but the dovetails don't fit the replacement blades.

I'll check with one of the local Benelli dealers to see if they have any ideas

Sorry man!

If you didn't live so far away,we'd fire up the old milling machine and have a go! If all else fails,consider a Williams peep sight on the reciever.It only should take two small holes on the top of your reciever by a skilled gunsmith.Look at the reciever sight on the defense Remington 870 to get an idea of what I'm talking about.It has a large aperature that picks up the front sight fast for in your face buck bustin'! I put one on a 760 carbine and it rocks.I've seen them for $30.The M1 has a set of grooves that run up the middle of the reciever top,but that can be worked around. Good luck,whichever path you choose.