montefeltro vs m2

psyd

I really like the look of the montefeltro (silver), but I noticed when I shoulder the gun the beads line (stack) up properlyBUT I still see a lot of the top of the rib. With m2 the beads line up (stack up) properly, but I do not see any of the top of the rib. If I hold my head WAY DOWN on the stock of the monte the beads are not stacked the first is BEHIND the second.Is this the difference between a raised rib and receiver flush rib?

I am looking for a good 20 ga. light gun for chukar hunting in the west desert. Both fit the bill but I do like the loks of the monte silver. The only other difference is the sight picture. I am used to a raised rib.

Any suggestions/guidance woudld be great.

Thanks

S

I posted the same question on another sight. I was told that the M2 was much easer to clean than the Monte.

Is the truth? What other differences are there between the two?

I spend about half of my time hunting upland and waterfowl. The main upland bird is that I hunt is the chuckar . I need a lighter gun because of all the hiking that is involved.