Ghost rings for the 121 M1

SigsRus

I've got the 121 SL80 that I mentioned in a thread a few weeks ago, and I've purchased the M1 20" barrel that Numrich has (2 of them actually, for fiddling). My current project, with the help of info from some of you gents, is to procure (most likely have to machine it myself) the bits to mount a longer magtube on the thing. Won't go into details on that right now.

I need two questions answered if anyone can manage to do so.

#1. How would I mount ghost rings/which ones on this thing?, or as an option for the other barrel, Eotech??????? Is that really feasible for one of these.

#2. Where, if anywhere can I find an M1 style forend that will fit this thing? I believe I read somewhere that it is not the same as the Super 90 forend, so anyone have a 121 M1 forend lying around that they don't want?? (M1014, do you have extras?)

#3. (yeah I said 2, but this kinda branches from #2)

Would anyone happen to know if the pistol grip from an M1S90 will fit on this gun. That would make life grand.

Why didn't I just buy a freaking M1S90 you ask? Why go through all the trouble to retrofit this thing. Because it looked lonely, and I can............. ;)

[ 09-10-2006, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: SigsRus ]

SpA is the Italian equivalent of Inc. or LLC here.

It designates the company as a corporation.

SPAS, as in SPAS-12 stands for "Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun".

But, since the weapons are usually too beefy and hefty for sporting purposes, more popular acronyms such as "Special Purpose Automatic Shotgun" or "Special Purpose Assault Shotgun" are frequently used.

Originally posted by SigsRus:

I've got the 121 SL80 that I mentioned in a thread a few weeks ago,

Why didn't I just buy a freaking M1S90 you ask? Why go through all the trouble to retrofit this thing. Because it looked lonely, and I can............. ;)

SigRus must be a man of vision or crazy or both,,ya know what I mean man//,anybody can buy a current weapon and put on all kind of gadgets on it,,,but,,,,to get an older Gem and polish it up is a real acomplishment,,,,the pre 86 Benellis are underappreciated which is too bad because they paved the way to what we enjoy now smile.gif

[ 09-12-2006, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]