alcione

calgary

I picked up an Alcione, too, just a month or so ago (traded a fella for it...M1 super 90 for the Franchi). Because of my size, I had the stock shortened about three-eighths. As for shims, I think you may be out of luck. I have had the butt stock off. If you look how the stock and the receiver/action fit together, there really isn't a way to adjust this. If you are serious about this, you should go to a gun smith/fitter to see what adjustments can be made.

I was going to guess around 6-2.

Because of your longer arms and overall larger build your cheek position is closer to the receiver than the average (5-9) shooter.

Look at the gun and how the stock tapers down as you go back closer to the heel.

What you need to do is install a shim, spacer, or thicker recoil pad to add more length of pull.

This put your cheek weld further back and thus lower on the comb.

A GOOD gunsmith should be able to work with you and determine exactly how much to add.

He may want you try an adjustable butt plate.