Picatinny rail installation for the M2 and Supernova

markscharff

What are the steps for installing a picatinny rail on the supernova? Pull out the two pins, remove the trigger, right? It will not pull out like the manual and people say it should. Do I have to remove the handle? or the pistol grip (it is a pistol grip).

Having trouble with this...also want to install a picatinny rail on the M2 tactical. If anyone is knowledgable on this topic, maybe too complicated for most, like me, maybe a gunsmith can help.

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Mark

For the Supernova pistol grip.....you have to remove the recoil pad an loosen the bolt enough to get the butt stock to slide back about 1 inch or two then you can just rotate it towards the top of the receiver. After the pistol grip is upside down you should not have a problem removing the trigger assembly.

I havent unscrewed it all the way but i imagine it would be a pain to rethread he bolt. Unfortunately, this step isnt listed in the manual. I have been told the manual was written before they offered the pistol grip option and never update.

As for the M2 tactical, I dont have a M2 but i believe that it is already tapped for the picatinny rail. Should be able to push the plugs out from the inside of the receiver. They only go one direction. I know this is true on the SN's. Then just screw on the pic rail.

Im sure that i have errored in my advice i will be promptly corrected.

Good luck.

• 4 years later...
What are the steps for installing a picatinny rail on the supernova? Pull out the two pins, remove the trigger, right? It will not pull out like the manual and people say it should. Do I have to remove the handle? or the pistol grip (it is a pistol grip).

Having trouble with this...also want to install a picatinny rail on the M2 tactical. If anyone is knowledgable on this topic, maybe too complicated for most, like me, maybe a gunsmith can help.

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Mark

I have the easyist way to remove the plugs on your super nova. Take a small blade screwdriver and heat it up and put a small indentaion in the plug then after your screwdriver cools down you can unscrew the plugs right out. It took mw about 5 min to get all 4 plugs out and rail on in about 10 min top.