Installing Limbsaver on a Nova

BigFred

I purchased a Nova,and a Limbsaver recoil pad. After doing some research, it seems like I have to monkey/force the plastic base into the stock, and then screw the Limbsaver pad into this base. My question is, do I use the screws that came with the pad for this? The included screws appear too short. It seems I would really have to compress the pad in order to use them. Sorry if I am missing something obvious; I'm not the handiest guy

I purchased a Nova,and a Limbsaver recoil pad. After doing some research, it seems like I have to monkey/force the plastic base into the stock, and then screw the Limbsaver pad into this base. My question is, do I use the screws that came with the pad for this? The included screws appear too short. It seems I would really have to compress the pad in order to use them. Sorry if I am missing something obvious; I'm not the handiest guy

Sounds like you already bought the prefit Sims pad, so I would not go out and buy another pad just yet.

I hate the method of attachment for the Sims pad on the SBE II & Nova. Yes, you have to use the adaptor. You will have to put the screws (resuming they enclosed the correct ones) all the way into the pad so their full length sticks out. Then, spend the afternoon trying to line up the screw holes on the adaptor. If you do get lucky enough to get both screws in the right holes, tighten them up and the pad should fit into place.

Good luck - my Sims pad is in the box somewhere in the garage :(

screw the screws into the bracket first, then place the bracket in the stock, then use the screws to pull the bracket to the inside of the stock. Finally, carefully unscrew the screws from the bracket and set the pad on the gun and CAREFULLY screw in the pad.

Hope this helps. It only took me 3 mins after I did it this way.

novaking

Thanks for the replies, they gave me inspiration :). I incorrectly assumed the head of the screw would be visible out the back of the pad. When I messed with it some more, I realized the screw sinks through the pad to the plastic base, (which is why they say put WD40 on the screwdriver). That answers my length of the screw question. This next part could be wrong... Instead of trying to snap the plastic plate into the stock, I started with the plate inside the stock and pulled it back toward the end of the stock. I started a screw into one end to hold everything in place, and with a little monkeying, got the other end to take.

Looking back on it, the process is pretty easy. One diagram could have saved me a lot of trouble. It seems everything gun related assumes the gun owner is a handy/mechanical minded person. Puts me at a disadvantage.

• 12 years later...