Extended Mag to Standard Mag

chukarhunter

I have a M1 super 90 with an extended alloy mag tube on it, I would like to change it to a field mag[ 3 or 4 round ] A friend of mine has a super 90 with an extended mag also, but he can take the end off changing it into a standard mag, but mine is all one piece. does anybody know if the standard mag tubes are steel or alloy? his is steel, but I would like alloy if possable, as I would like to keep this shotgun as light as possable, any info would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks

have you tried his 2 piece tube in your gun? i know its very dependant on the gun but some come with a fixed 5 and others come at 4shells then you can cap that *which is even with the pump on semi or pump or you can put an extension on it 1 2 3 4 what ever you want, ..IMHO i'd try it and see how you liked his on yours as far as the difference in metal to alloy i really don't think its going to add up to that much weight but i can't swear to either of them being one or the other

Wulf

Lupinus Nobilitas

________

vapir no2 vaporizer

Edited by Wulf

Originally posted by Wulf:

have you tried his 2 piece tube in your gun? i know its very dependant on the gun but some come with a fixed 5 and others come at 4shells then you can cap that *which is even with the pump on semi or pump or you can put an extension on it 1 2 3 4 what ever you want, ..IMHO i'd try it and see how you liked his on yours as far as the difference in metal to alloy i really don't think its going to add up to that much weight but i can't swear to either of them being one or the other

Wulf

Lupinus Nobilitas

I haven't tried his yet, I am still waiting for him to take them apart, hopefully that will happen in the next couple of days, and you are right, it would probably only be a few ounces, but I would still like to go as light as possable, do you by any chance know how much a m1 super 90 weighs with a 26" barrel? I have been shooting a Winchester Model 12 featherweight, it was pretty light back when it was made, but I think we have come a long way since the 50's, I am not a weakling or anything, but when you are hunting Chukar, walking up and down those mountains for hours, you want to go as light as possable, you are also packing water for the dogs and lots of other stuff, so you don't really want to be lugging an 8lb shotgun too!!, I was going to buy a new light weight pump just for this reason, then I got the idea to buy a new barrel for the old trusty Benelli, it has always been reliable and seems to be pretty light, I found a 26" barrel on ebay and got it for a couple hundred bucks with all the chokes, now all I need is a short mag, the benelli seems like a pretty tough gun, you could probably drop it off the side of a mountain and it would still work, I am not worried about putting scratches on it, I did that a long time ago. anyway thanks for your help,... Chukar hunter