Benelli super 90 series and m4 slugs and cleaning and zero shift.

Unobtanium

Zero...takedown/clean...shoot...did it shift as above defined?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Zero...takedown/clean...shoot...did it shift as above defined?

• Super 90 non-40, yes
    • Super 90, non-m4, no
    • M4, yes
    • M4, no

This poll applies to all the super 90 series, with a special focus on the m4. After zeroing with slugs, if you take the weapon down to clean it, and then shoot slugs (the same brand, load, etc obviously) as before, have you noticed a zero shift? For the sake of argument, since this is not a scalpel, I consider a zero shift as greater than 1.5" at 25 yards, extrapolated further in a linear fashion.

Sometimes it is bad enough that I can't hit a 11 x 22 target at 100 yards anymore. I have to start again at 25 yards and work out to 100 all over again. I thought maybe my optic was moving or my barrel was fouled.

Mike

Well if the barrel being fouled is the fear, this implies it wasn't taken down for cleaning...?

What optic and what attachment method?

I cleaned it, but it still had a buildup of lead from slugs. That was until somebody on this forum led me to the Hoppes Tornado brush.

I have been using an Aimpoint T-1. I have used two different mounts for it. Most recently has been the Midwest industries low profile mount that allows you to co-witness the ghost-ring sights.

Mike