super sport magazine tube

wilftke

My first thought would be to take out the magazine plug. Usually guns come with a plug for the magazine tube so you can take it hunting...hunting clay pigeons fortunately has no such pesky rules. Check the manual to see how to remove it, it shouldn't be a big deal, it took me about 1 minute for my M2.

• 2 weeks later...
i read the manual front to back and looked at the magazine, but the magazine plug cannot be removed without damaging the fore end cap...thanks

So... which is it? In the previous post you said you had removed it. Then you say it can't be done without damage? Your gun IS a 4+1 capacity so there IS a plug and it can be removed without damage. It starts with unscrewing the end cap. Unless you use a pair of rusty channel-locks, I don't see where the damage is going to happen?

Sorry just confused about your last two back-to-back posts. Enlighten us. What' going on?

If you remove the end cap and turn the gun upside down the plug will fall out. The plug looks like a long nail.

Yep, it does in my Montefeltro but I wasn't sure about the SuperSport so I didn't mention it. One thing though... you gott'a hold on the both the forend AND the barrel when tilting are they WILL fall off!

Yep, it does in my Montefeltro but I wasn't sure about the SuperSport so I didn't mention it. One thing though... you gott'a hold on the both the forend AND the barrel when tilting are they WILL fall off!

You are right it will fall apart,I have a SS and the plug made me scratch my head for a second.