M2 Extension question

daturk

I bought a M2 with a plus 2 extension and a 18.5" barrel for home defense and want to maximize the shell capacity. I'm looking at a DMW extension. What is the biggest DWM extension that I can install on it without the extension sticking out past the end of the muzzle?

Thanks

Rob

I'm completely with you on the +2, but I dont know that you can get 7 in.

I have a +2 tube (granted not DMW) and it will comfortably put 5 in the tube and one in the chamber. If a really jam it I can barely get the 6th into the tube for the 7 you were talking about, but maybe your spring is a little more compact than mine...

I'm completely with you on the +2, but I dont know that you can get 7 in.

I have a +2 tube (granted not DMW) and it will comfortably put 5 in the tube and one in the chamber. If a really jam it I can barely get the 6th into the tube for the 7 you were talking about, but maybe your spring is a little more compact than mine...

Are you referring to an M2T, or something else? It sounds like you have either a stock M2T... or another gun with an aftermarket 2 shot extension tube.

An M2 Tactical, with the two shell extension that comes installed as original equipment, is a 5+1.

If you remove that extension and replace it with a DMW 7+1, that adds two shells (or two more) to your previous capacity.

Not pokin' atcha... just trying to "clarificate". :p

C

Are you referring to an M2T, or something else?

I have an M2 field that I added a +2 to. Initially without the plug I could get 3 in the tube and one in the chamber. Now with the extension I can get 5 easily in the tube (6 like I said with difficulty and it barely makes it in) and one in the chamber.

I didnt see if we were talking about a tactical or a field so I guess I assumed field even though he said it was for home defense. Now the tactical may be a little different, because like I said that 6th shell in the magazine is very close, another 1/8" and it would really be in so thats why I thought it might be a spring space or maybe DMW +2 is a tad longer than the Choate +2 I got.

Clarification is always a good idea lest we be talking about two different guns and not know it :p