M2 Extra Barrel Question

Horten

I contacted Benelli USA about an extra M2 barrel, 26", black. They said they had them in stock and to order from my local dealer. Well, I went down and ordered one. They said it could take months. I said, I contacted Benelli, and they said they were in stock. They said just because their in stock does not mean they will send one out, and that they have waited 9 months to get a barrel in. Should I just go get my money back? Why would Benelli not ship an in stock item? I understand if it's backordered or something, but if it's sitting there, why not just ship it? I'm begining to think I should have gone with a different brand if they can't even go through the trouble of shipping something that's just sitting there.

i doubt it if benelli did; normally, they say they are on back- log on a certain item and it would take x number of days and check once in a while if they have it on stock already. now that apply to fast moving items like the complete gun itself but for a barrel? considering the cost of the same, its not among the fast- moving items and hence they would have it in stock as per confirmed by your call. just a matter of pushing your dealer's employee in the right direction, gently of course.