New Crio 28 Auto

AndyUK

• 4 weeks later...
I think a lot of skeet shooters like to try the 28 ga, plus it could double as a light weight grouse/partridge/dove gun as well. Super easy to carry all day long.

I guess it IS more challenging to hit skeet and if you are so good that 12ga is "easy" then I can see it.

First of all, as the original poster, my apologies for not coming back on this. I must admit I'd thought that this thread had 'died'!

I do not actually own a 28 and have little more than an academic curiosity. The 28 is certainly a more serious proposition as a starter gun for a youngster or lightly built adult, than a .410". There I DO speak from experience. I started shot gunning with a .410" and it was a BAD move. A 28 or lightly loaded 20 would have given me a much better chance.

If however, you look to Italy, it is common for them to shoot small songbirds etc. and maybe, they think that the 28 will leave something for them to eat.

Plus, any possible reason to buy something else is automatically a good reason, in my book:D

Andy