Benelli m3 mag tube problem

lanceriley

What model year of M3 is it or should I say plastic or metal follower?

If it is plastic I would just say screw it and try to force it out if it's stuck in the added tube just unscrew it and push it out. If it is stuck in the standard mag. do the same just make sure you go from reciver out through tube.

it is the metal follower type.

my problem is it's a 1 pc tube. I can't remove the tube. nor can I remove the follower without removing the tube. the other end (barrel end) it looks like a follower too. you can even push it down.

do I need to heat the tube to twist it out? what about the plastic part that guides the handguard in pump mode? will it be affected by heat?

it is the metal follower type.

my problem is it's a 1 pc tube. I can't remove the tube. nor can I remove the follower without removing the tube. the other end (barrel end) it looks like a follower too. you can even push it down.

do I need to heat the tube to twist it out? what about the plastic part that guides the handguard in pump mode? will it be affected by heat?

On my M-3 the forward extension un-screws from the magazine tube. You are right though, it appears that here is a "follower" in both ends, on the barrel end, the short tube unscrews from the magazine tube (just forward of the front sling attachment), then the spring and all the internal parts can be removed. Hope this helps.:)

got the pix. my m3 doesnt look that way. ring is removed but no extension. it's really a 1 pc tube. I can see that it also has the follower like end also same.

There has to be a way. It is illogical to remove the tube to change mag-springs. I suggest you pick up the phone and call Benelli. Their CS is beyond awesome in my experience.

1(301)283-6981

yep i've called benelli

this is what they told me...

Go see a gunsmith that has worked on a benelli before. told her we have gunsmiths in our area but since most of the benelli's in my area are extension tubes, nobody has tried removing the tube from the reciever.

she told me it's locktited. so I ask her if the plastic thing wont' be damaged by the heat gun. she told me....

THAT'S THE GUNSMITH'S CALL!

relayed that to my smithy and he said bull****. In fact this was my gunsmith's idea to call benelliusa.

Im in the Philippines by the way.

My smithy studied gunsmithing in the U.S.