SBE II - Removing forearm

Hooked

Hi Everyone,

Just picked up my new SBE II LH today, and ducks open this weekend! Can't wait, and it's a long weekend here to boot!

Anyway, the forearm stock on my gun does not want to come clear of the magazine tube. The shop that I bought it from has only sold one other SBE II and they aren't sure if the forearm actually comes off or not - even though the instructions say it does. Before I put any force on it, I thought I'd check here first to see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Thanks in advance!

Brian smile.gif

hey hooked, The reason the forearm is tight and its removal is questionable is because it is new. The threaded portion of the magazine tube contacts the inner surface of the forearm and causes resistance. The solution is to carefully work the forearm up and down and side to side after removing the magazine end cap and receiver bolt lever and the forearm should come off of the magazine tube. The more times you break down the gun, the easier this becomes. Good luck !