Order Leadtime on M2, SBE II?

jpward

How long is it taking from the time you place an order with a Benelli Authorized Dealer until you get a phone call that the firearm is ready for you to pick up? I placed an order for a M2 in black with 28" barrel on Friday November 12. I have been unable to get an estimated date of delivery from my dealer. Is this common? All they will say is "we are at the mercy of Benelli" and "Benelli is historically very responsive but they have slowed down with the introduction of the new models."

The lack of an estimated date of delivery does not make sense to me. The dealer placed an order with one of Benelli's distributors. The distributor placed an order with Benelli. Benelli USA must place orders with Benelli IT. Benelli IT must have a production control system. Why isn't this information being passed on to me, the consumer?

I'm excited about my purchase and I'd like to schedule our first trip together. I had thought by waiting until November to order availability would be improved. Unfortunately, I can't even tell what the availability is because me dealer doesn't have access to a leadtime estimate.

I bought my M1014 Oct. 6th and it arrived Nov. 4th. Then I had to fill out the DROS ppwk to get the 10 day waiting period started. The dealer gave me the same response when I followed up with them. They don't understand why it takes so long. This is my first shotgun and I must say that it was worth waiting for! :D

It's year-end and many dealers are preparing for fiscal inventory. Ask you dealer if he'd consider calling one of the stocking dealers on the auction sites and seeing if he can arrange to purchase their stock at or near cost. Since it is close to time count inventory for taxes and insurance, they may be willing to deal.

I ordered my SBEII on October 6th. I received it on November 4th. It was a LH 26" in advantage timber. Everyone I have talked to told me they had a 4-6 week wait. Again this is hearsay, but I have heard about this "problem" for most of the year. I figure this isn't bad since they are slow boated to the US.

Originally posted by jpward:

How long is it taking from the time you place an order with a Benelli Authorized Dealer until you get a phone call that the firearm is ready for you to pick up? I placed an order for a M2 in black with 28" barrel on Friday November 12. I have been unable to get an estimated date of delivery from my dealer. Is this common? All they will say is "we are at the mercy of Benelli" and "Benelli is historically very responsive but they have slowed down with the introduction of the new models."

I had the same problem. The dealers are at the mercy of Benelli and the ones who do the most business with them get firts in line...which also takes forever and it is true they will; never give you a target date. Good Luck

The lack of an estimated date of delivery does not make sense to me. The dealer placed an order with one of Benelli's distributors. The distributor placed an order with Benelli. Benelli USA must place orders with Benelli IT. Benelli IT must have a production control system. Why isn't this information being passed on to me, the consumer?

I'm excited about my purchase and I'd like to schedule our first trip together. I had thought by waiting until November to order availability would be improved. Unfortunately, I can't even tell what the availability is because me dealer doesn't have access to a leadtime estimate.

My brother ordered his SBEII, camo, 28" right hand in August through a local dealer. Every 3 weeks Benelli told the dealer another 1-2 weeks....well, last week we went to the dealer and collected the deposit back.

The next day Gander Mountain located a gun in Michigan and had is shipped over....we were shooting on Saturday.

I don't want to cast a gloomy picture on your wait, but if it took this dealer this long.....well, let's just say that you should keep your option open for retrieving that deposit.

To close on my first post, my M2 came in today. So, in my case I ordered on 12 November and received receipt of it on 10 December. My biggest concern was a total lack of information as to when it might arrive.

I'll spend this evening reading the entire manual and going over all the parts. I did a quick check of the entire firearm while at the dealer.