Blackcloud question

malakaz

• 4 weeks later...
I just bought a box of blackcloud for a goose hunt in sept because the others were sold out. My question is i read that it does not work well with ported barrels or ported chokes. Can i use these shells with my Supersport and stock chokes?

Thanks

well i have a kicks highflyer and its ported all the way around and phil robertson uses the same one and he shoots black cloud so its gotta be ok

nah ported chokes work nicer for steel same as full blown trapshooters port there barrel it works better not neccasarly recoil or muzzle jumy in the chokes but pattern wise

Porting the barrel does make a difference as far as muzzle jump. They drill the wholes in angles so the gas works against the jump. Chokes are ported all around, and the gas is let out in all directions making no difference in muzzle jump. Shotguns are low pressure guns, and porting the muzzle has little effect on shotguns, but very noticeable affects on high power rifles. Manufactures may claim that ported chokes pattern better, but the pattern board does not.

Porting the barrel does make a difference as far as muzzle jump. They drill the wholes in angles so the gas works against the jump. Chokes are ported all around, and the gas is let out in all directions making no difference in muzzle jump. Shotguns are low pressure guns, and porting the muzzle has little effect on shotguns, but very noticeable affects on high power rifles. Manufactures may claim that ported chokes pattern better, but the pattern board does not.

well how many times have you patterned your let me guess TRAP gun:D compared to a kicks highflyer choke out of a benelli? maybe that will give you a nice answer becouse one of my friends has a peraze or however you spell it mx2000 and it has few but some holes and 1 or 2 stray bbs:eek: the kicks does not it has no holes no strays both mod

well how many times have you patterned your let me guess TRAP gun:D compared to a kicks highflyer choke out of a benelli? maybe that will give you a nice answer becouse one of my friends has a peraze or however you spell it mx2000 and it has few but some holes and 1 or 2 stray bbs:eek: the kicks does not it has no holes no strays both mod

Maybe your right, maybe I'm crazy, prove it.