New M-4, need advice on some parts

DETECTIVE1108

New member here and it's my first post. Will take possession of my new M-4 on Monday. Need advice on what parts I should go ahead and get. Any word on the Tac-Star +2 mag exstension and the 6 round side-saddle carrier? Kinda blew my budget getting this shotgun (I have a M-1 super 90 already), but wanted to see what others have done without breaking the bank. Thanks in advance.

The Tacstar extension only adds one round, not two - I have one which came with my M4. I suggest you get a Dave's Metal Works +2 extension ($75) if you want to be able to get it back to 922® compliance quickly and easily, or if you want a more permanent solution there are the various full length tubes from Dave's Metal Works (only $60), SOCOM guy, and the elusive titanium fl tube from Kip.

As for the side saddle arrangement, my M4 had one of those on there when I got it but I find it way to bulky for my tastes. I use one of those elastic buttstock sleeves which hold 5 rounds.