SBE magazine miss-feed

Rock Hall Goose'n

SBE magazine miss-feed  

3 members have voted

1. 1. SBE magazine miss-feed

• SBE magazine miss-feeding 2nd shell

Can any one shed light on a magazine feeding problem I am having? When the first shot is fired, the 2nd shell does not always release from the magazine. This is an older SBE, 7 or 8 years old, not marked H & K. This gun has a lot of milage on it but I wouldn't think the problem is related to wear. I initially thought it was just dirty, but a thorough cleaning did not solve the problem. I am wondering what is causing the problem and whether or not it is something I can fix or if the gun needs to go in for service. I love this gun. Up to this point it has been flawless if kept clean.

Originally posted by Rock Hall Goose'n:

No dents. I think the problem may be fatique in the spring that operates the release, or the spring getting out of position and not having the proper leverage to work the release.

Welcome to the forum Rock Hall Goose'n. I am hunting in Lynch. Good shooting.

Originally posted by bootster:

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Hall Goose'n:

No dents. I think the problem may be fatique in the spring that operates the release, or the spring getting out of position and not having the proper leverage to work the release.

Welcome to the forum Rock Hall Goose'n. I am hunting in Lynch. Good shooting.

Thanks for the spring suggestion. I have not replaced the magazine spring, but do clean the tube and polish the spring to eliminate friction. Repositioning the release lever spring seems to have solved the problem. Recoil had apparently moved it about an inch forward. Far enough to effect the amount of leverage exerted on the release lever. No missfeeds have occured since I put the spring back where it belongs.