M1 and M2 Barrels?

abcm48

Well I have both guns and the M2 holds a great pattern with buckshot and the M1 doesnt. But with the M2 I shoot high the m1 is a much better fit for me. I have shimmed the M2 stock and everything I just cant seem to shoot it like i can the M1 on moving targets.

I have already put the barrels on the oposite guns and put shells in the and unloaded them and they seem to work just wasnt sure about firing them so i guess i will change them back.:(

I've always heard from folks here that they don't interchange and I've never seen barrels advertised as fitting both. I haven't tried it, I have a M1 and a M4. If it seemed like a good fit maybe it would work but you might want to e-mail Benelli to confirm.

Later,

Hookster :)

Edited by Hookster

There are some slight differences. I put a new M2 barrel on one of my older M1's. It fits the receiver just fine. The differences are in the forearm. I had to do some slight sculpting of the M1 forearm. I'm not sure about the fit of a M2 forearm on the M1.

Barrel Extension - slightly different - no observed effect on operation or fit. M2 on top:

Barrels005.jpg

Barrels006.jpg

• 1 month later...

I called Benelli direct once upon a time when I wanted to put an M1/Super 90 18.5 inch barrel on my M2. Customer service said they would interchange and they look exactly the same to me.

Just for the sake of this thread I took the 24 in. barrel off my M2 and put it up next to the M1/Super 90 barrel and again they looked EXACTY the same. I was sure to line up the barrel lugs.

Bird season is about to start but during the rest of the year I go tacticool and put the 18.5 in barrel on the gun for a HD weapon.

Rancher

FWIW the lug on the M1 barrel is just a shade over half an inch and the lug on an M2 barrel is just a bit over 1 inch so with me anyway a M1 barrel will work on an M2 however an M2 barrel won't work on a M1 without a forearm modification.

Is that clear as mud!?

Rancher