Benelli M4: Bought the GG&G side sling loop...help!!

Mr. Shotgun

I'm happy to report the GG&G side sling loop is now on my M4 Shotgun (I knew you'd be worried! :cool: )

The stock bolt was heavily blue-Locktited (if that's a verb) and took a lot of torque to get off with the deep 13mm socket.

Also happy to report the trigger group almost drops in with the extra space from the sling loop.

Waiting for sling parts.

-- Chuck

Please post up some photos when you are done

• 5 months later...

I was running into similar problems, and just finished putting it on. The Blue Loctite that was on the buttstock bolt was so cemented on the threading, it took me 30 mins alone with some dental tools and Nail Polish remover to get that crap out.

Then I had issues dropping the trigger group back in no matter how square things looked. I had to get in there with a steel punch and hammer and tap the corners of that sucker until I basically reshaped the edges of the GG&G Sling Loop peice so I could put the group in there deep enough to replace the Set screw and lock it in. What a PITA.

• 1 year later...

OK GG&G told me that it is not meant to work in conjunction with the factory collapsible stock. They said that some customers have had luck with it fitting because the new design is thinner than previous. I am assuming that has something to do with how the threads are placed in the pistol grip. Mine how ever does not fully collapse and therefore is not 100% will be sending both pieces back.

It does however look like it would collapse fully if i were to remove some material from the grip, making the notch a bit larger, giving it the extra room that was taken away by the approx 2.5mm thick sling loop. I refuse to modify my my $2000 gun to make a $35 piece work. I guess I will be looking into the Mesa Tactical mount, which I originally did not want to to its proximity to my firing grip.

Hope this helps everyone.

• 4 months later...

Wow, after all that work to get the trigger group to fit (0 wiggle room there) I finally got the thing back together. Job finished, the only hard part was getting the grip tight to where I want it and then lining up the sling mount to fit the trigger group. I was putting the gun away and you should have seen the look on my face when I collapsed the stock... IT WON'T LOCK IN THE COLLAPSED POSITION!!! What a damn shame.

I wish I would've read this thread first, if I read the previous post I wouldn't have even started this easy looking process.