Supernova Tactical questions

Alpengeist

Ok so I'm new at shotguns and am looking into getting a supernova tactical and had a few questions about it. I've noticed how the "standard" grip has recoil reductions on it and I didn't see any of those features on the pistol grip version so does the pistol grip version have any recoil reduction methods on it? Second is does it come standard with both front and back sights, after seeing the pictures of it on benellis website only the pistol grip version had a back sight. Last question, will it come with a lock?

Thanks

Grab the pistol grip because you can always get the standard shot gun in other Benelli models. You don't need to worry about recoil because you can pull the stock firmly into your body with the pistol grip and recoil as far as I know is more of an issue with a semi automatic action where you want to try to stay on the target and not get pulled off by recoil. The buttstock on the Super Nova Tactical pistol grip is quite thick so it shouldn't pierce as much as a thinner buttstock. It all comes down to how you hold the gun. Some guys love the recoil.

There is a front sight and a rear sight which line up with each other, and a rail for adding a red dot sight, if you can afford it. Those things cost almost as much as the gun itself but it is something to look forward to.

It comes with both sights. There's a of a Super Nova Tactical photo on my profile page under photo albums. It is a must have gun. I can't say that I put mine to work yet. It is still new, but I've used some of the other Benelli guns. I could step outside today and fire off a few shells but it is cold outside, very cold, and it is going to warm up after today.

Benelli does not make them, but the side by side sporting guns are a lot nicer for clay or trap shooting.. Benelli has a Super Sport and Sport II type of shot gun, but a side by side is cooler, I think. Yet the advertising suggest that these guns are fast, so maybe you can pull a mini Flanigan with them. I've used my Super Black Eagle II for clay shooting once. I did it wrong because I did not begin at the waist and than raise the gun but I started at the shoulder so I could not see the clay until it was already high in the sky. Anyway, the Super Black Eagle II works reasonably well if you know what you are doing as far as technique is concerned.

This Super Nova Tactical is better for shooting at targets such as a target with a human outline on it, where you can shoot at the head or the chest/heart, etc. You raise the gun fast and look through the special sights and rip a hammer. You can shoot this gun at the hip, but yeah, trap shooting is way better using a traditional gun, and even a luxury high end gun like an expensive side by side shot gun. That is what I think anyway but a nice side by side is about three times more expensive than the Super Nova Tactical.

Try it, but it is probably awkward to use for trap. The guns feel a lot different (SNT and SBEII). That is the best way to find out, but you don't see it used for sport shooting. I'm assuming that there is a good reason for that. It's fast, shooting clay, you don't have much time. You don't really aim, you sort of approximate and bring the gun up and shoot all in one motion.

There is different types of hits, where the clay completely breaks or when it partially breaks, so there is some details involved. You can probably convert the skill you get in trap shooting directly to bird hunting.

yeah but i figure if i go enough id learn the gun and would beable to do it.. since ive only gone once i figure thats not enough time to get use to better shotguns for that.. also i went to the store today to check it out and the guy said it wouldnt be good cause the choke on it.. is there a way to get a different choke on it to help out a little with that problem?

The barrel that the SNT comes with does not allow you to interchange chokes, like for example the SBEII which comes with five different interchangeable chokes, but the SNT has a very short barrel length.

Just that shooting clay is so fast that you raise and point, so you can't even use the sights on the SNT when you have to shoot that quickly. You just see the clay's direction and raise the shot gun in that direction and immediately shoot.

With the sights on a SNT if someone was holding a hostage, you can aim and take a precise shot using the rear and front sights if they are properly adjusted. You can also shoot a person a few hundred feet away, but if it is very far than you need a rifle with a high powered scope.

If you picked up a SBEII or one of the Sporting rifles, than you would see the difference, that it is natural to see the point of the barrel and you are taking a high shot, a shot in the air, it feels better using a longer gun.

The SNT, you pick it up and close the action while at the same time raising the gun, and you have a head or chest shot lined up automatically, looking through the rear sight.