Is M2 American no more available?

hsnmz

read on some forum that M2 American is no more available from Benelli. Can anyone confirm please? though its still listed on the website !

I was looking to buy a M2 Field black 24" but read that comfortech stock gets damaged if the gun oil seeps in to it. So just to be on a sfe side changed my plan to get a M2 American Black 24" instead + a limbsaver speed mount pad + Nordic components +6 extension.

Edited by hsnmz

Im not sure how you clean and oil your guns.......but shouldn't be any danger of soaking the stock with oil? The inertia action does not require the gun to be soaked in a bucket of oil or gun oil running down the stock. It also seems odd to me all these negative things about comfort tech stocks doing this and that........but Benelli has been putting them on their products since when and still continue to do so in 2011? I would certainly think by now Benelli would have discontinued them or changed the design if they weren't any good. I can attest that my SBE 2 comfort the stock has not failed or damaged in anyway.....however have not soaked in a bucket of gun oil? or dragged the gun behind my quad either. , , ,

Note:

I also read more that one place the SBE 2 would not cycle target loads too.....however after buying one, mine seems to even shoot 1oz loads with no issues? Strange.

well I actually contact virginia arms for the M2 American but they informed that it was a limited run and Benelli in not taking any more orders of it. For M2 Field, they quoted me $1239.99, do you guys think its reasonable?

@hattles I will be interested once I find a M2 American

@fikester I don't own the gun, just read people complaining about the gel pads getting damaged with tiny amont of oil that soaked in to the stock from the receiver. and yes you are right that everyone has his own opinion about a gun based on their experience. I think it depends alot on how the gun is break-in. did your gun shoot light loads right out of the box?

Edited by hsnmz

well I actually contact virginia arms for the M2 American but they informed that it was a limited run and Benelli in not taking any more orders of it. For M2 Field, they quoted me $1239.99, do you guys think its reasonable?

@hattles I will be interested once I find a M2 American

@fikester I don't own the gun, just read people complaining about the gel pads getting damaged with tiny amont of oil that soaked in to the stock from the receiver. and yes you are right that everyone has his own opinion about a gun based on their experience.

Have you ever looked on Gunbroker.com? Very reputable source. I have been buying and selling thru them since 2008. Some great prices on new and used guns. I bought my Vinci for $1050

Benelli M2 American 12 ga Max 4 Camo NIB-$898

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=217309024

***should you get one, [email protected]

Just put Limbsaver in the subject line

Edited by hattles