Will SBE1 slug barrell fit on an SBE2 - acuracy?

Mudduck

I bought a SBE2 last year. Most of my deer hunting is now taking place in shotgun only areas so I want to go with a rifled barrel.

First will a rifled slug barrel from a SBE1 fit the SBE2 and how accurate are they as a slug gun vs the bolt Savage 212 or Ithaca Deerslayer2

They will swap out. If you can find one of the earlier model ER Shaw barrels offered for the M1, it has the cantilever barrel but you will also have to get the rifled slug fore end for that gun.

IT sounds like the ER Shaw barrel was a smooth bore that required a rifled choke on teh end but from what I understand those still are not near as accurate as the rifled barrels - correct?

MD, No need for a cantilever mount. The barrel on your SBE2 is the receiver and the scope mount. If you find an SBE2 slug barrel for your gun, it'll be rifled and the rear of the barrel/receiver will already drilled and tapped to mount a scope. Again, no need for a cantilever mount. Plus, the factory slug barrels have iron sights.

The ER Shaw barrels for the SBE are rifled. My SBE and ER Shaw are plenty accurate for me. 1 1/2" - 2" groups w/Federal Barnes ammo.

Best of luck!

MD, No need for a cantilever mount. The barrel on your SBE2 is the receiver and the scope mount. If you find an SBE2 slug barrel for your gun, it'll be rifled and the rear of the barrel/receiver will already drilled and tapped to mount a scope. Again, no need for a cantilever mount. Plus, the factory slug barrels have iron sights.

The ER Shaw barrels for the SBE are rifled. My SBE and ER Shaw are plenty accurate for me. 1 1/2" - 2" groups w/Federal Barnes ammo.

Best of luck!

Thanks GoBow Are you in Canada and if so where did you get your barrels? ... or was it so long ago its now irrelevant. Lastly what isthe difference between the ER Shaw vs the Benelli rifled barrel?

MD, Bought my SBE through Gunbroker; it came with a field barrel and the ER Shaw barrel. If you have an SBE2, I'd search for a factory barrel. Probably easier to find a Benelli factory slug barrel for your SBE2 and it will be just as accurate as a Shaw.

Don't forget that for distances of 50-75 yds, your smoothbore barrel with a simple bead sight and regular old rifled slugs will take deer all day long.

MD the difference is that the ER Shaw barrel is thicker than the Factory rifled slug barrel and you had to get a different fore end to go on the weapon. Now if you watch Gunbroker you can come across some deals on Benelli slug barrels. I got my slug barrel off of there for 250.00 practically brand new. Good luck