Hello there everyone. I just purchased my stoeger stf 3000 and i have loved every minute of it. so far i have put 200 rounds through it with no failures to fire or any other problems. I use it for skeet and doves. I have not gotten a dove license for this year but will have to get one next season. So for now i guess its just for sporting clays. But. i have a little money from my end of year bonus and was thinking about maybe a new gun. This is where the question comes in. Should I buy another shotgun (CZ 712) or should i put a little money into the stoeger stf 3000 with a trigger job and some browning invector extended chokes from briley? I can't make up my mind and need some opinions.

Any info would be great as well as any opinions on other guns or modifications for the stf 3000.

I like my stoeger too. I'm not going to spend any money on it though, it does what I need it to do. 2 shotguns I got to check out in the past week where a browning maxus sporting did'nt get to shoot it though but it was very light and felt great. I did get to shoot a benelli 20 gauge ultra light a few days ago. I really liked the Ultra light did'nt miss anything with it. I had never held or shot these light weight shotguns before but was very impressed with the benelli. If you get a chance check some of the light weight shotguns out you might like them too.

• 2 weeks later...

both choices are good.but what are you going to use this new shotgun for,different game,or use it for the same?just questions to ponder.i have several shotguns and they all have certain uses.i also love upgrading my shotguns so thats why i answered that both choices are good.so it depends on what you are coveting the most.have fun shooting.