Benelli SBE 11 vs. SBE 1

Case Collector

In regards to comparing the SBE to the SBE II, I see three major points that the SBE 1 HAS OVER the II.

1) The magazine tube cap on the 1 is metal(steel I believe) and is more durable than the plastic one on the II, in my opinion.

2) The sling swivel connector on the stock of the SBE 1 is steel-----not plastic like the II.

3) And most important, the trigger guard on the II is plastic, not metal and is BUTT UGLY compared to the metal one on the SBE 1 !!!

1) Mag cap on the SBE is aluminum, just like the insert on the SBE II. No more no less durable. Both will wear out over time. Kinda a wash IMHO.

magcap.jpg

2) Stock swivel attachment seems to be holding up ok. Don't know what Benelli will do of these start breaking. Kinda $$$ to have to get a new stock if just the swivel attachment breaks. I do get much less rust with the new attachment.

3) For me, the trigger guard is maybe the new feature I like the best. I hunt 100+ days a year, and the trigger guard was clearly designed by a serious hunter. If you are a weekend warrior or only use your Benelli at the range, you may not appreciate the new shape.

mudhen - CA

OK, OK------ Tucker and mudhen,

I guess it comes down to personal preference. You made good points defending the SBE II. As far as appearance goes, I like the looks of the SBE 1 better------- and it is a proven model. For me the SBE 1 is fine because I wear "trigger finger" gloves, when I wear gloves, so I have no need for the enlarged guard.

Like the old saying goes----- "each to his own".