Extended magazine springs

8tenz

I have a +2 extension on my M3. I like to keep spare magazine springs for all my guns and wonder if there is anything that will work. I contacted Benelli about extended tube springs, but they haven't answered yet. I know they can't legally sell me the extension, but not sure about just the spring. Maybe a Remington 870 7rnd spring?

Here's a pick with my 1100 Tac4. I like cool stuff.

Not sure about the M4 but I have an older M1 entry gun that came from the factory with a +2 extension. The spring is a standard length spring exactly like the one that is in my field M1. I've never had a single problem with it feeding rounds properly. Perhaps the M4 +2 can use the standard M4 magazine spring as well. Just a thought.

There has been much discussion here about extended vs standard length mag springs. Opinions vary, but many guys relate that the standard springs work just fine in full length or extended mags, just like truckcop says. In fact comments have been made that the standard spring is better, makes for easier loading of that last round.

I have been selling FL mags for the M4 for five years and do not supply new springs...just ask the customer to try the old spring first to see how it works... never had a complaint.

O ya' I still have full length tubes available for the M4 , same price, $145 including shipping. Contact [email protected] for info.

Is the m4 spring the same as the m3?

I don't know if you confused my m3 with m4. My m3 is a pump/auto combo & recoil operated action, and the mag tube looks the same as a m2. The m4 looks a lot different.

Edited by 8tenz

Yes looks like a bit of confusion here with the various models... but really- a mag tube, follower and spring is a pretty simple and universal set-up. Doesn't much matter what gun it's on. It's pretty simple to try one spring and see who it works, if you are not happy, change springs... not a big deal.