Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will the length of barrel effect pattern?

I'm gonna buy a Benelli SuperNova soon in the APG with a 26" barrel. I've seen some pictures on the forums of really tight turkey patterns coming from supernova's with a 24" barrel. I'd get the same choke and load they were using, but do you think that getting a 26" barrel would throw off the pattern? I'm going with a 26 because I'm planning to use is for things other than just turkey, I think a 26 is more versatile.

I think it's in the choke tube and constriction of the tube. Jelly Head in the .655 or .660 works well in my SBE II with a 24" barrel. I like the short barrel for moverability in the woods and it works for other game and sporting clays for me.

Bob in NC

I think barrel length has some effect on velocity , which would have an effect on pattern.

I dont know enough to say and I dont really worry about it.

i do think short barrel are more finicky in the sense that slight imperfections of aiming

can have a more pronounced effect downrange.... shorter barrel means lighter gun and recoil (especially with magnum

turkey loads) can influence accuracy.

• 2 weeks later...