New finish for M4?

FLAWLS1

I just got back from my local gun store and I was checking out the M4 and the finish looks a little different. It's the same color, but it looks to be more glossy. Looks pretty sweet!

Maybe had oil on it, or maybe there was a slight chemical difference in the parkerizing bath. It happens. Was it grossly different?

Maybe had oil on it, or maybe there was a slight chemical difference in the parkerizing bath. It happens. Was it grossly different?

It seemed to have a little oil on it, but the finish was definitely slightly glossy compared to mine (Mine has oil on the barrels right now).

It seemed to have a little oil on it, but the finish was definitely slightly glossy compared to mine (Mine has oil on the barrels right now).

Parkerizing is like that. It depends on the mixture, size of the zinc and other particles, and concentration of them in the "bath". It can vary.

Haha, M1014's are getting somewhat rate. The only real advantage (which is debatable) is the fixed choke. Won't accept C-stock functionally.

dont forget the most important part the cool factor of the american flag.

If I wasnt so poor I would get one prob never shoot it but super cool just to have.

Does anyone know what finish is on the Benelli or who does the finishes for the M4? Is it just parkerized? All the parkerized finishes I see are black, but the Benelli is clearly dark gray. I called Benelli yesterday to talk about their finish and they said if I wanted to get it refinished I would have to find another place who does finishes because they only do finishes that are under warranty?