121 m1. Should I pull the trigger?

06-530rr

Ok so I really wanted a m4, but I can't justify 1600 for a gun. So I found this little guy. Now my intended use is trap on rare occasion and to make clear of bad decision making skills if someone attempts to harm my family.

Do you guys think its a good fit? I have been doing some reading and it appears it has that little "benelli button"

i might also add if it does ever break I have a full machine shop at my disposal. Who wants some titanium toys? Lol

if I'm reading right it only shoots 2 3/4 shells? That's kinda poopie.

Need opinions ASAP buying it tomorrow.

224E9AD2-2FA8-4407-8FA0-623A3736C409-5862-000004BC05911E8A.jpg

2563613D-BB24-44F7-A67F-2CDC2491A349-5862-000004BC0C72839F.jpg

Well I'm thinking this is the police variant. Although not sure if they made any different ones. Lol

im not really worried about replacement parts. Hopefully it will last many years. But like I stated if it breaks ill make a new one.

thanks for the help guys keep it coming. I'm on the fence big time.

ALL the M1 versions of the 121 ARE 'police' (military) versions (short barrel, FL mag tube). It's just that over the years Benelli made a couple of very slight changes, e.g. instead of a sling swivel screwed into the buttstock (early version) they installed a plate in the buttstock much like the Super 90 model; there was also no barrel band (binding the barrel and mag tube together) on the early 121 M1. Additionally on the early model the front sight was square, the one in the photo is a later version with a smoother profile front sight. The one in the OP appears to be neither early nor late production since it has a screw in rear sling swivel and a smother profile front sight. Of course if you get the date code off the barrel you can determine year of manufacture.

If you do get it, make sure you keep that recoil link pin at the rear of the bolt well lubed at all times.

Well I'm thinking this is the police variant. Although not sure if they made any different ones. Lol

im not really worried about replacement parts. Hopefully it will last many years. But like I stated if it breaks ill make a new one.

thanks for the help guys keep it coming. I'm on the fence big time.

Yes sir I will keep it well lubed. I think I'm gonna grab it. Seems to be one of the best benelli s ever made. Out of all the post about guys selling them they all regret it. I like the fact it's as fast if not faster than guns made 25 years later. It's nice to be the young buck with the classic benelli.

My wheels are turning about making stuff for it. Maybe a titanium receivers? Sorry I'm just excited. Last shotgun I owned was a 870 express 20ga dove gun. It was beat down when I got it in the late 80's. I could barely hold that spray painted thing up. Lol my uncle still has it to this day. Like a old farm truck just won't die