New M2

wowzers

I decided to take the leap into the semi auto shotgun world. I purchased an M2 for a KILLER dead at Bass Pro shop. I guess it pays to save coupons and gift cards. :)

I don't plan on making it "tacticool" at all but I would like to change the front sight to something bigger and add a rear sight (receiver is not tapped). Any recommendations on what I can add? I've looked at a lot online and I don't know what mounts and works well. Also, if any of you are in the Phoenix area, do you know a good gunsmith that can drill/tap the receiver?

Thanks for everything!

Mike

FYI:

I bought an M2 18" bbl last year and it was already drilled and tapped. I went to Scheels and bought a Picatinny rail and I just looked at my SG and there are four screws holding it down to the receiver. My SG came with Ghost Ring sights which have proven to be highly accurate.

So, what did you plan on using it for? I assume by your post that you purchased a field model with a vent rib barrel without the d&t'd receiver. Your "KILLER" deal probably is going to be a little less killer if you start doing all those things you're talking about doing. There are larger fiber-optic front sights you can add to the rib (Trijicon, Hi-Viz, to name a couple). I've got the Trijicon Trijidot on my field guns and they work very well. Otherwise, finding someone to d&t, purchase the receiver GR sight and add a compatible front sight is going to cost a pretty penny. The M2 Tactical already comes outfitted with either open rifle sights or the ghost ring combo. If I'm not mistaken, the tactical versions already come d&t'd to add a rail for optics. You might be able to find a used rifle-sighted barrel (assuming yours is vent rib), but again, costly. Things to think about.

So, what did you plan on using it for? I assume by your post that you purchased a field model with a vent rib barrel without the d&t'd receiver. Your "KILLER" deal probably is going to be a little less killer if you start doing all those things you're talking about doing. There are larger fiber-optic front sights you can add to the rib (Trijicon, Hi-Viz, to name a couple). I've got the Trijicon Trijidot on my field guns and they work very well. Otherwise, finding someone to d&t, purchase the receiver GR sight and add a compatible front sight is going to cost a pretty penny. The M2 Tactical already comes outfitted with either open rifle sights or the ghost ring combo. If I'm not mistaken, the tactical versions already come d&t'd to add a rail for optics. You might be able to find a used rifle-sighted barrel (assuming yours is vent rib), but again, costly. Things to think about.

You can go this route but it will cost you as already mentioned or you can buy a truglo shotgun universal sight with rear ghost ring which attaches to the vent rib!

With a normal bead sight I could not hit anything (practical shotgun) as I had a raised stock and I did not get a true sight picture, now that these sights are fully adjustable I can hit targets dead on! Simular to this: www.opticsplanet.com/truglo-tru-bead-turkey-universal-dual-color-sight-tg950xd.html

• 2 weeks later...