Compensator Question

Rasyad

Just curious if there is an effective screw in compensator for the M4. I am well into a custom project and wanted to look at and test before getting everything cerakoted. I am looking for flatter shooting and help staying on target, not so much for recoil reduction.

Look forward to your thoughts...

Rasyad

When I asked this question recently, not sure if it was here or elsewhere, I was informed that their really is not a very effective option when it comes to screw in comps, which really are simply for the muzzle to be placed at the point where a door hinge needs to be blown apart for breaching purposes. The "compensator" allows the muzzle to "stand off" from the point of breach and eject the muzzle blast, etc.

For the best compensation folks recommended having the barrel machined with port/vent holes in it. A pricey option.

Please keep in mind you need to take care with muzzle devices that may well defeat the point/purpose of the Flite-Control wadding if you are using that ammo in your shotgun.

Interesting thought, I do use Federal's Flite-Control and could see how the stuff might blow into the comp. I guess the same might be true with ports. That said, I do own a Bridgeport and know how to use it. I would be curious if to know what folks have done with ports and how well it works on an M4. While I could mill the ports easy enough, I have no idea about size or port design considerations.

Rasyad

• 3 weeks later...