Changing out tactical stock to fixed stock.

PremiumOctane

Right now I have the non-pistol/tactical stock that came on my LE model M4 . I ordered a fixed pistol grip stock, but I can’t get the pin to lock back in place at all. I’ve taken it off completely 3 times now, and the only way I can get the pin to lock back in place is if the pistol grip stock is extremely lose and wobbly/gap between the receiver and stock. I don’t have this issue with the stock that came on my gun. Is the pistol grip stock out of spec or something? I ordered from Botach, and if I’m still having issues I’m going to call them Monday. 

Hi, are you talking about the pin that secures the trigger group in the receiver not lining up after screwing the stock on? If so, sometimes you have to shave a little bit of plastic off of the the part of the stock that curves around the back of the trigger housing to get a fit. It doesn't allow the trigger group to fully seat into the receiver.

I had to do this when I changed the oem trigger housing to an A&S aftermarket housing.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, PremiumOctane said:

Yes I am! Sorry I was in a rush when typing, did you just shave with a razor blade? That’s odd Idd have to do that considering all the parts are OEM. 

No worries....it's not uncommon at all to have to do minor fitting with stocks even OEM. They are after all, a moulded item and not CNC machined. Yes, either a blade or even more controlled, is sandpaper wrapped around a small wood block or similar and go slowly remove a little bit of material at a time from the part that curves around the back of the trigger housing following it's curves. Check frequently until the trigger housing will seat fully into the receiver and the pin will latch through without using excessive force.

Edited by Evolution
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Evolution said:

No worries....it's not uncommon at all to have to do minor fitting with stocks even OEM. They are after all, a moulded item and not CNC machined. Yes, either a blade or even more controlled, is sandpaper wrapped around a small wood block or similar and go slowly remove a little bit of material at a time from the part that curves around the back of the trigger housing following it's curves. Check frequently until the trigger housing will seat fully into the receiver and the pin will latch through without using excessive force.

Interesting! Thank you, even though it is more time intensive I may go the sandpaper route. I’ll use a really fine grit too so it’ll be smooth. 

On 1/27/2019 at 5:16 AM, Evolution said:

That explains how to do the trick.

• 1 month later...

Interesting development in this. I stopped by buds earlier today and they had one. The part of the stock that runs along the back of the trigger guard, looked to be sanded down completely on the model I looked at with the pistol grip already installed - to the point of the stock not touching the trigger guard at all.