M4 Mag Tube Nut Defective?

Anjin-san

NIB unfired M4 - the mag tube nut tightens up just fine, but does not click while tightening.  I have seen several M4 field strip videos and the nut clicks while tightening.  Its designed to do this to stay tight. 

Am I missing a part of the nut?  Do I need to find a new one?  Does it not really matter?

I think I found the problem.  There is supposed to be a pin and spring in that hole.  Midwest Gun Works and a few other places have the parts.  But,  I can't find anything on the internet that explains how they are installed.  The hole goes all the way through... what holds the pin and spring in there?

I've contacted Benelli and waiting for their reply..

IMG_1313.jpg

I'd love to just buy the parts and fix it myself instead of waiting months for Benelli to fix it.  Unless Benelli will let me send the barrel in and send a replacement (including this hardware).

If I had these pieces, I could slide them in the back of that hole.. but what keeps it from falling out the back of the hole again, they actually swag that in there?  I don't think they could crimp it shut, that's an aluminum casting I think.