Fabarm STF 12 vs. ...

AIRB0RNE6176

Quick hypothetical for you all here...

If given a choice between a Benelli SuperNova Tactical  and  a Fabarm SFT 12, which would you go for and keep (& why)?

I've no experience with Fabarm's shotguns, so enlighten me those of you who have mingled with them. I have a new SuperNova Tac (unfired, yet...), and a buddy of mine in Quantico has a brand new STF 12 that he wants only $800 for.

Do I keep the SuperNova or sell it to go for the STF 12? I already have an M4, M3, a Beretta 1301 Tac, and the new S&W M&P 12 Bullpup, so HD is taken care of (but one can NEVER have enough 12ga shooters...).

Thanks for the input!

20211012_114656.thumb.jpg.4c269313310a2dc815d668ab1cfe173f.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just stick with the supernova. Fabarm doesn't have good parts support or aftermarket. The SFT is just an evolved FP6 that Heckler & Kock used to import in. It has an action and operation very similar to the Remington 870; just a little more tacticool.

Thanks for the input, and for the intel on the M&P 12 recall.  Our unit armorer informed me of it earlier today, joking about my new "toy".  I made him op-check a couple of 870's w/ 50+ 3" magnum slugs as payback this evening... (I helped a little)

I'm torn now between the SuperNova and the STF 12, as both seem like great pump actions from ITL and are different from our regular 590s and 870s.  Of course, being "tacticool" helps as well  AND  I can score a like-new short barrel from one of the embassy guys...

I got the SuperNova in Aug for only $450, and the $800 for the STF 12 seems like a steal as well.  Keep the SuperNova, or sell/trade it...?!  Anyone have experience with one or both of these boom-sticks?  THX!

Finally got a chance to see an STF 12 in person, and I can definitively state that I'll be keeping the SuperNova Tactical.

The fit, form, and finish of the Benelli is just better than the Fabarm (no offense).  I politely declined the offer, although at only $800, he won't have a problem selling it on base or online.  I'll save the extra cash for more shells...

• 1 month later...

Well, I have to admit that I bit on the STF 12 that the MSgt had for $800.  It is very nice and like " Doge " stated, it operates just like an 870.  Very smooth in it's operation and has some heft to it that soaks up shooting 3" slugs and 2 3/4" 00.  The MSgt already installed a +3 mag tube to make it run w/ 7+1 like the SuperNova, and I tossed on a HoloSun to co-witness with the excellent GR sights already on the top rail.  The only thing is the LoP is only about 12 1/2" (which is fine for squared-up shooting) and you can't access the magazine tube with the forend slid back.  Going to blast more shells through it this weekend...

20211126_131323.thumb.jpg.db61c82ac8be48780e1f9af4601a66a8.jpg20211126_131506.thumb.jpg.1e8f1e060cce21dfd09c3ebffbd809c8.jpg

• Upvote 1