Benelli M4 Cartridge Capacity

chrisb1

The following is an excerpt from a military review of the M1014 specifications. It shows the M4 carries 6-3 inch or 7-2.75 inch shells. Some have been commenting on how they just were able to insert 7 shells.

The characteristics of the M1014 Combat Shotgun

Manufacturer: Benelli U.S.A. Corporation.

Caliber: 12 gauge, accepts 23/4" and 3" standard and magnum loads.

Length: 39.8" w/stock extended, 34.9" collapsed.

Weight: 8.44 lbs. empty.

Safety: Ambidextrous manual cross bolt.

Magazine Capacity: Six 3" shells seven 23/4", plus one chambered round can be unloaded without cycling through the action.

Trigger Pull: 5.5 to 7.28 lbs.

Buttstock: Modular telescopic with removable pistol grip.

Sights: Adjustable aperture rear and fixed post front, radius 23.7"

Maximum Effective Range: 40 yards with 00 buckshot and in excess of 100 yards with the rifled slug.

Originally posted by Bernie Behrens:

quote:
Originally posted by jetflyer:

Mine can hold NINE 2.75inch shells. Never malfunctions.

7 in the mag tube

1 on the lifter

1 in the chamber

How - specifically - do you get the one on the lifter. I have been trying but I guess I don't have the right info yet ... Thanks! Load up 7 in the mag tube, with the bolt CLOSED. Then retract the bolt rearward just enough to drop one on the lifter, and finally one in the chamber. Let the bolt slide shut.

The key is to retract the bolt rearward enough to place the shells on the lifter and in the chamber, without reaching the bolt's rear locking position. It's difficult to do with a shot timer running or in competition reloading situation. It is a nice technique to master when you are told to "load and make ready"!

Originally posted by Bernie Behrens:

quote:
Originally posted by jetflyer:

Mine can hold NINE 2.75inch shells. Never malfunctions.

7 in the mag tube

1 on the lifter

1 in the chamber

How - specifically - do you get the one on the lifter. I have been trying but I guess I don't have the right info yet ... Thanks! Load up 7 in the mag tube, with the bolt CLOSED. Then retract the bolt rearward just enough to drop one on the lifter, and finally one in the chamber. Let the bolt slide shut.

The key is to retract the bolt rearward enough to place the shells on the lifter and in the chamber, without reaching the bolt's rear locking position. It's difficult to do with a shot timer running or in competition reloading situation. It is a nice technique to master when you are told to "load and make ready"!