Benelli M4 Receiver Question

no.4buck

Hello All,

Bought a Benelli M4 recently. Looks like it has blueish receiver :) I noticed inside the receiver there are these two straight "lines" that run the length of the receiver right up to the follower. Not sure of you can see it in the picture as the light only partially reflects it. In the 2nd attachment, I have drawn a white arrow pointing to the line. I was curious if this is an inherent part of the machining process? The "lines" seem to be raised as I can slightly feel them running my fingers over that part of the inside of receiver. Thanks everyone!20211220_200329.thumb.jpg.4ac77a6a5e16231963166616a5edce43.jpg

20211220_201401.jpg

Looks like a little bit of rough machining, check out the circular machine marks in the gas piston channel that'll get your OCD fired up.  Doesn't appear that it will affect operation.  A more focused picture would help but doesn't look like anything more than a little rough machining... 

Hey Unobtanium, I will take a picture of the receiver where the barrel extensions sits once I get home later this evening. From my memory, that area seemed more or less "flawless" but I am more than happy to provide. Thanks for checking!

Thanks ede2301 for your reply. It does seem strange to me since the "lines" are completely straight and uniform. Apologies for the unclear picture because you can't really even make out the lines unless their is light shining on it and from a specific angle, hence the unclear pictures. Will try to take a better one when I get home but I agree it is cosmetic and shouldn't effect the performance at all.

4 hours ago, no.4buck said:

Hey Unobtanium, I will take a picture of the receiver where the barrel extensions sits once I get home later this evening. From my memory, that area seemed more or less "flawless" but I am more than happy to provide. Thanks for checking!

Thanks ede2301 for your reply. It does seem strange to me since the "lines" are completely straight and uniform. Apologies for the unclear picture because you can't really even make out the lines unless their is light shining on it and from a specific angle, hence the unclear pictures. Will try to take a better one when I get home but I agree it is cosmetic and shouldn't effect the performance at all.

For the record, here is Kip's from years ago. You can see faint ridges/machine marks in it. Just found it interesting, some are smooth, some are not. I own both. I think it's normal variance.

image.thumb.png.64ca0fea49fc702ffbcf09b13af0ea3c.png