Langdon Tactical 1301 Discontinued?

SnidelyWhiplash

The Langdon Tactical 1301 web-page is blank with a “There are no products listed under this category” message.

I’ve suspected this was coming with Beretta updating the 1301 (some referring to it as a Gen 3). I was curious as to how Langdon would handle the newer 1301 magazine tube compatibility (or lack thereof) with the Zhukov hand-guard and nordic extension in their package. I guess Beretta’s updates stole much of Langdon’s thunder.

Kinda bittersweet - I was greatly tempted by the LTT 1301 when pictures were posted even though research showed that for my use  it would clearly be very much inferior to the Benelli M4.

This sucks. Beretta has screwed Ernest Landon around a bunch of times in the past. LTT was one of the first out there to really advance the Beretta 9x series to a competition/duty quality firearm. I have one of his Beretta 92G Elite II's from way back around 2003. Having been an armorer for the Beretta 9x series pistols, his work make the DA/SA manual of arms tolerable.

I put tens of thousands of rounds thru this one before moving on to striker fired guns for duty use. Ernest hand fit the Bar-Sto 4.7" barrel into this one and did a carry bevel job knocking off all of the sharp edges. Spurless hammer installed, trigger work done. Novak night sights that still glow. CTC laser grips and an old school mercury filled guide rod to dampen perceived recoil. The frame was then coated in Teflon-S.

JhKPh5u.jpg

• Upvote 1