Jump to content

SBE ejection


roster
 Share

Recommended Posts

My SBE has started jamming, it ejects the hull but it somehow ends up with the empty hull (2 3/4") flipped around with the primer end farward at the entrance to the chamber and the open end holding the bold open. Anyone else had this happen if so, how did you cure it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have had my SBE1 only 5 months or so, but have put 4 cases plus of rounds thru it mostly skeet loads. The only I time I have had trouble with ejection/cycling I believe it was due to feeding too light of loads thru it. The 1 1/8 oz 1200fps loads don't cause me any trouble. I am not saying that this is your problem but it is the first thing that came to my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I'm reading you right its called stove piping. My buddy and I had that problem last year even shooting duck and goose loads. What we did that worked, was break it down, clean it real well, and use higher quality of oil. My buddy uses FP-10 and I tried Miltec-1. Both are much smoother than before and no more stovepipes.

 

Get it a shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drundel, what you last described is what it does 70% of the time, the other 30% the hull ends up almost 180 degrees to the action. Thanks for the insight, I will have to give it a good cleaning and then try the oil you recomended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...