Custom Shotgun work

KiloEcho6

Anyone know of other competent shotgun smiths? I recently purchased a Benelli M4 Entry and I'm waiting on Form 4. However I see thatBenelli Defense overseas offers a Benelli M3 Entry (14") model that has me wanting. Reached out to Steve Rose based on many posts of his Benelli work, to query about chopping and sight placement on a factor 11608 to creat this yeti. His response:

~"The thinner midsection (after being cut) limits choke tube threading options and causes the front sight to be too low for regulation. For these reasons we do not offer shortening or sight installation services for longer the M3 or M4 barrels." ~

However, I'm  not looking to have threaded for chokes and would think sight height could be properly mitigated by taking measurements prior to chopping.
https://i.imgur.com/03NDTzu.png

https://i.imgur.com/KQbDkSX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Pzn5Mnw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rrquovi.jpg

46F889BB-D0C1-4C54-B477-917FD1AC9271.jpeg

E00746CF-142F-4F6A-93F3-2492712F9D2B.jpeg

69B8F165-8137-4C21-B69D-A952E2885CD6.jpeg

3CF816C6-5788-44BC-A7D8-F0D18029AB70.jpeg

C1BE8057-9850-4338-A2DF-410E36724C30.jpeg

Edited by KiloEcho6
Pictures

1 hour ago, StrangerDanger said:

Steve is one of the best in this area. I think Briley won’t do threading on 14” barrels anymore. I had a few done without issue a few years back, but I have heard this has changed.

What about ditching the sights completely and running some kind of dog optic instead?

Appreciate the response. I’ve learn a lot from browsing your posts.

Not wanting threads for a choke. I just want a 14” chop.

Are they welding the sights back on and heat being an issue with the barrel thickness? I’d prefer it as photographed, but willing to compromise and open to options to make this yeti.  I loved my old M3 and wished I’d never traded it in 1999. 

Really thought I purchased the perfect shotgun with the 11724, and probably have… but a 14” M3 is straight sex. Wish Benelli would send the NFA variants our way. 

I've got a couple of the old HK import M3T top folders, as well as a couple M4's. Though I love my M3's and the added capability of the semi/pump design which is like the SPAS-12 only much better, I think the gas operated M4 makes for a better SBS. Just my opinion, others might disagree. And, I say that as a guy who things that inertia shotguns ARE Benelli shotguns.

• Upvote 2

On 4/1/2022 at 1:30 PM, bambihunter said:

I've got a couple of the old HK import M3T top folders, as well as a couple M4's. Though I love my M3's and the added capability of the semi/pump design which is like the SPAS-12 only much better, I think the gas operated M4 makes for a better SBS. Just my opinion, others might disagree. And, I say that as a guy who things that inertia shotguns ARE Benelli shotguns.

When my Benelli M4 Entry 11724 EForm Trust clears, this will be my 4th Benelli I’ve owned.

In 1998 I purchased my 1st. It was an HK imported M3 Super 90. Loved the shotgun and traded it for something stupid. Ive regretted it since. 

A few years later I purchased an M1 Super 90 for work. Didn’t see much use and was impractical for my purpose. I sold it.

2010-ish, I got the itch again and purchased a M1 Super 90 Entry. I loved that gun. Nothing I didn’t like about it. Sold it to fund an optic I needed years later. 

Having owned both, the only thing I really didn’t like about the M1/M3, was the length. The M1/M3 in an Entry model is pure sex. The photograph of the European released Entry is sick. Huge maybe to get the project to come to fruition between finding a reasonably priced M3 with c-stock, NFA paperwork and custom work. BUT. None of that happening before I’m certain, that someone is willing and capable to do the work. That and I just spent a pretty large sum purchasing my M4 and accessories (T2, Scalarworks, Modlite, IWC, Esstac, Sling, limbsaver).

As to which is better, M4, M3… They’re both inertia shotguns. I didn’t have any issues with my M1/M3. The gas piston assisted system is value added. The pump on the M3 is intended to be a tertiary mechanism based on context. A lot of haters, but I like em. Not a shotgun you see to often. An Entry M3 would be a YETI. 

I’m sure I’ll prefer the M4 Entry. In light of a failing fiat currency  US Dollar, the probability of comparison is probably a pipe dream at this point. Focus  of resources will probably be directed towards more responsible assets. But the above photographs are sick. 

Edited by KiloEcho6
  • Upvote 1