a good price for a tricked out M4

SgtB.

Benelli M1014 Tactical American Flag engraved Limited Edition  12 gauge  - and fully R922 compliant (if that is important) - Ghost Ring Iron Sights - Skeletonized 3 position adjustable Stock - L&E 7 Shot Mag Tube W/upgraded Spring - Large release bolt so it doesn't cover up the American Flag - Briley 3 Gun M-Lok Handguard 13’ - AnS Enhanced trigger guard - FFT Trigger upgrade w/Wolff springs - Briley extended carrier -  RX Oversized Charging Handle & RX QD Sling Mount for adjustable stock.

I spent so much time getting it upgraded I have yet to shoot it. Now that I am have come into a need for cash I am considering selling my "babe" however I am at a lost of knowing what's its value - I know that I've spent as much on the gun as I did for the gun in addition to time and labor in getting it upgraded by local armors. And I have all of the OEM parts to go with it just incase some desire to have them was a value and did I say NEVER FIRED! 

Real users = real experts so I wanted to ask you all your thoughts. 

Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 11.48.46 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

$2750 minimum low end, more around 3k-3250 ish,

you may have spent $3500+ with gun smiths installing etc, but I dont know how much that work translates in value.

I would probably try and get $3250 obo and not go under 3k net after shipping insured etc

pretty sure a M4 with collapsible stock and full 7 rd tube by itself goes for around $2250 in todays market, if you can find them configured like that

than you got the briley handguard and the AnS trigger guard, those two alone add $500-550 in value give or take and you got a couple hundred in other upgrades FFT trigger etc

good taste, someone will Love it, its fully complete, shame you have to sell it

Edited by brightt
  • Like 1

This is probably going to sound a bit negative but it’s an honest opinion. Most aftermarket upgrades will not add much if any value with the exception of the mag tube. You would be better off selling those separately. As it sets you are looking at $1800-$2200. You just aren’t going to get 11721 (out of stock) prices out of a m1014. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Fullassault said:

This is probably going to sound a bit negative but it’s an honest opinion. Most aftermarket upgrades will not add much if any value with the exception of the mag tube. You would be better off selling those separately. As it sets you are looking at $1800-$2200. You just aren’t going to get 11721 (out of stock) prices out of a m1014. 

it is negative and you know it, your flat out wrong with the suggested pricing

not to insult you, but your post is insulting, there is no way that m4 sells for that low, no way anywhere on any day. crap post.

this "after market parts dont add value" rhetoric is some fudd lore non sense, what are you talking about?

so a $240 Geissele trigger added to an AR15 that came without one, adds no value to you?

an Agency handguard and a Geissele hammer add no value? a collapsible stock adds no value? 

only a 7 rd tube?

🧐 

Edited by brightt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Ben elLes said:

Never fired with a bunch of upgrades including mag and trigger makes me uneasy knowing full well how the gun should run VS how it might run if I buy this one.  There’s not going to be any accountability or warranty if it doesn’t perform flawlessly

this is fair from a buyer, than again, these are major after market high end top of the line upgraded parts, could they have been installed wrong? yea, can Benelli ship out a lemon? sure... but they should do nothing but improve the shotgun

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, brightt said:

it is negative and you know it, your flat out wrong with the suggested pricing

not to insult you, but your post is insulting, there is no way that m4 sells for that low, no way anywhere on any day. crap post.

this "after market parts dont add value" rhetoric is some fudd lore non sense, what are you talking about?

so a $240 Geissele trigger added to an AR15 that came without one, adds no value to you?

an Agency handguard and a Geissele hammer add no value? a collapsible stock adds no value? 

only a 7 rd tube?

🧐

Like I said it’s probably going to sound negative but it’s my honest non sugar coated opinion. I’ve been selling and trading guns for 25 years now and I learned a long time ago you are better off parting out your aftermarket stuff and selling a gun as close to OEM as possible with a few exceptions. As for value you can literally get a BNIB 11721 or a m1014 for less than $1800-$1900 with a little patience. If someone has purchased it and modified it, it’s no longer NIB and neither is the price. Don’t take my word for it go to the gun forums or GB and look up the completed auctions and see what they are ACTUALLY selling for (not the listed prices). With the exception of a few newer or rare models most M4s are going for around $1500. 

IMG_7532.thumb.jpeg.ebe598aa67dd9eb1263d2f38b50ca5a1.jpegIMG_7531.thumb.jpeg.235194579481c3fe8160bc4ba51ed5ec.jpeg
IMG_7537.thumb.jpeg.f637ddf3de3d0998fe4c5c2e1ccdc8d3.jpeg
IMG_7536.thumb.jpeg.c345db5897b8651579ebc1b461a14ace.jpeg

IMG_7535.thumb.jpeg.c808f11cd688e00fb2686ad0394cfc1f.jpeg

IMG_7534.thumb.jpeg.14d765bceae88852d5ec7919b084c2bd.jpeg

Edited by Fullassault
Adding information
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

yea you said it, and absolutely, thats your opinion and I respect your view and choice, I just disagree, if upgrades are done right, the value is absolutely there, and yes you can look for deals and find a stock m4 for $1750-2k, one with collapsible stock and 7 round tubes are more around $2250-2500 depending on where and when, the new models are a higher price with the times!

I agree some people are better of selling an oem model, this guys m4 is very nice and well done

• Like 1

That’s the thing, as a buyer how do you know it’s well done? How do know if the receiver was properly heated and recoiled tube was properly installed. You don’t know if the 7 round tube functions correctly, you don’t know if the trigger housing binds the FCG. The gun has never been tested so you don’t know what you are getting into. Almost every modified firearm I’ve sold the first questions are do you have the original parts and who did the work. There’s always exceptions to the rule but that’s been the vast majority of my experience. most drop in aftermarket mods unless rare or hard to find don’t add no where near the value you paid for them. If separated you can usually get 40-60% of your money back because you have a bigger buyer pool.  There’s always the chance someone will buy it for his asking price but with M4s selling on GB for $1400-$1800 (some with 7rd tubes & Adj stocks) the market isn’t very hot right now. I do hope he gets all of his money back but unless he’s willing to set on it until the market is hot again at some unknown point in the future that might not happen anytime soon and it sounds like he need $ now. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, brightt said:

this is fair from a buyer, than again, these are major after market high end top of the line upgraded parts, could they have been installed wrong? yea, can Benelli ship out a lemon? sure... but they should do nothing but improve the shotgun

I agree that this is likely not the common perspective and likely a moot point.  Just my own 2 cents.  I’ve had some trouble with parts and wasted some money throughout my journey of aftermarket additions.  He asked about the actual user opinion so I felt compelled to share my own insight.  I don’t consider any modification installed until I have functional checked it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

/thank you guys so much for all the great feedback. After considering all the pro's can con's I think I will keep it and blow some s*it up with it. I am some what of a compulsive shopper and I always get stuff way above what I need. It's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. :) again thank you so much for the feedback and I'll let you all know how it shoots once I bust that cherry. Wish me love at first shot. 

• Upvote 1