Benelli M4 Cycling Issue

full_graves

I recently replaced the 5 round mag tube with a 7 round oem mag tube from benelli parts. I originally installed the recommended oem 7 round spring. Because I wanted to be compliant I also ordered a trigger pack from FFT and an A&S trigger guard. I actually assembled and entire trigger guard and left the oem untouched in case I ran into issues. Well…I ran into issues. Now the gun doesn’t cycle bird shot and certain buckshot ammo. It doesn’t like Flitecontrol. It’ll shoot 5 of the 7 then hiccup. It hardly ejects and the following round will get stuck on the lifter. I replacing the spring with a longer aftermarket spring from Carrier Comp but it didn’t make much of a difference. I have a feelings it’s the mag spring still?

I would run the gun with OEM mag spring and 7 round tube, and put the rest back to stock and see how it runs.  Imo, the OEM mag spring is just fine for 5 round tube and 7 round, Benelli uses the same spring in both mag tube lengths.

If it fires fine in this configuration then you know it is something else.

Edited by RxArms

Also when it ejects the flitecontrol it’s really weak. Maybe 10 inches out of the gun. I’m wondering if that’s an indication of a spring conflict? Maybe with the buffer system not the mag? Maybe too much power for the bolt carrier for the lighter loads? 

My next plan was to swap back the oem trigger guard to illuminate that but I like your idea so I’ll try that! Thank you

On 7/18/2023 at 2:19 PM, 12508 said:

Which flitecontrol?  The 1145 advertised fps?  I have a few M4s that don't like it.  Even ones that are completely stock.
Did your M4 function with the flitecontrol before mods?

Yeah the 1145 fps. And I did not function test it prior and I’m regretting it now. I have another stock m4 I plan on taking out with me next trip to test along with the stuff mentioned above with my problematic m4. If both have issues I’ll leave it at that.

Yeah it kinda sucks.  I had one M4 that ran ANYTHING.  Others seem to not like the really low fps buckshot and cheap birdshot.
I have found that the Estate buckshot is a great balance of tight pattern, good reliability and price.

I have cycling issues with Fiocchi 00 buckshot 1325fps but NobelSport 1200fps 00 buckshot is fine... I noticed the Fiocchi shells are shorter by just a bit and I can fit all 7 rounds in the tube but I can only fit 6 of the NobelSport since it's a tiny bit longer. I have no issues with Fiocchi slugs, they are also a little longer than the Fiocchi buckshot and I can only get 6 in the tube.

Not sure if there is a correlation since I haven't tried just loading 6 rounds of the Fiocchi buckshot yet.