R1 .308 with collapsible stock UPDATE

KingChevy

Hello again, sorry if I am doing this wrong in submitting a new topic instead of responding to the old one.

I have followed through with the R1 to M4 stock conversion. The Pistol Grip Stock #81040 and Collapsible Stock #70085 are interchangeable with minor cuts. The Benelli MR1 Pistol Grip Stock #81349 may not need to be trimmed, as the piece that needs to be trimmed from the M4 is not there.

You will need to buy 3 position tube but I went with and prefer RXARMS 6 position tube. Shot out to RXARMS for making awesome products. Also, the internals need to be purchased except for the M4 Recoil Spring Plunger #70046, you can use the one that comes from the R1. Maybe the Recoil Spring but the size of the R1 and M4 tubes are different lengths so I just purchased one to be safe. Besides the tube and spring, you will need parts #70044, #70071 and #70075.

The R1 Recoil Tube had a hole on one side at the end of the tube. This is where the bolt and not was threaded on so the ComforTech Stock was tightened down with a nut (unfortunately I don't know where this piece went to take a picture of). A hole was drilled on the other side to get the tube off the lower receiver, this was a pain in the ass and will need heat without melting anything.

It shoots perfectly fine as I put 100 rounds through it already with no issues.

Collapsed.jpg

Extended.jpg

Pistol Grip Comparison.jpg

Pistol Grip Trimming.jpg

R1 Recoil Tube drilled hole.jpg

Recoil Tube Comparison.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2023 at 7:34 AM, KLukeT said:

Looks good! I’m looking to do this with my 30-06 rifle. A pistol grip is just more comfortable. I see you got a picatinny on the forend: did you just drill into the forend to get that placed?

Yes. Guess I could have added this into the build thread lol, wish I could edit the post. (Install Picatinny Rail to Benelli R1 Forend) - for google purposes for others.

I am using the Magpul Aluminum Rail. First, trim down the plastic in the middle of the forend. Second, trim down the rails underside, giving it a curve to sit flush(ish) with the forend grip. Third, using the nut provided, tighten down the bolt. Fourth, trim down the bolt and nut.

Can't upload the picture, so I'll just drop a link.

https://imgur.com/a/W3pSLzg